Post Birth Breastfeeding Consultations
There are many obstacles that you may encounter when breastfeeding your baby. Assistance from an infant feeding specialist can help you come up with a plan to try overcome these challenges.
With more than 30 years’ experience helping mothers feed their babies. Wendy’s advice is practical and realistic, ensuring that your baby is getting sufficient milk to settle and put on weight.
You will find Wendy’s approach to be compassionate and honest, ensuring that feeding plans are realistic and feasible.
How It Works
Wendy will take a comprehensive history to try establish the cause of the problems, and will tailor make a solution that fits your circumstances and goals.
Post Birth Initial Consultation
In Home – $150
Telehealth – $100
Post Birth Follow Up
In Home – $80 – $120
Telehealth $50 – $100
(30, 60 or 90 minute appointments)
Pre Birth Consultation
In Home – $80
Telehealth – $50
Make A Booking
Consultations can be either via a video telehealth appointment any where in Australia or Wendy can organise a time to make an in home visit within the Albury/Wodonga region
Preparing For Your Consultation
On the day of the appointment it is better if your baby is ready to feed at the agreed time of the appointment. I know that this is very difficult with a newborn baby but please see if you can do the following:
- Wake your baby to do a feed around 3 to 4 hours prior to the visit
- If you are expressing your breasts try to complete this as soon after the feed as possible
- Use a dummy or cuddle your baby if necessary to keep him / her settled
- Please do not feed your baby until the appointment time so your baby is ready to feed when I arrive
- Have the baby book handy as I will need to refer to this to check the previous weights
- If you have been using a bottle to top up with and you are seeing me in the consulting room please be sure to bring the bottle and expressed milk or formula with you to the appointment
- Write all your questions down as you think of them so we can be sure you have covered all of your concerns before the end of the appointment.
Preparing for a pre birth appointment:
- Think back to the first breastfeed and write down what you can remember
- Write down as much detail as you can remember about what happened in hospital and when you went home
- Think about what you goals are for breastfeeding this new baby
- Write down any questions you may have
- Have this ready at the time of the appointment to reference to
- Have your previous baby’s records available to reference to if this is necessary